Hi Folks! I have received a few messages from you guys asking some very similar questions, so I have decided to answer them in two different blog post. The first question is what camera gear did I brought with me for the Melbourne trip and how I have found this in comparison to my Nikon gears before. The second question is what camera pre-sets I have used for the photos. Let me start with the gear questions first! Here we come the good old “What is in my camera bag?” post!
As you can see from the photo above, here are my travel gears. All can pack into the little Lowepro Photo Hatchback 22L AW backpack with space for some more personal items. The tripod can fit inside the bag as well due to it’s compact size.
Here is the list you have asked:
- Lowepro Photo Hatchback 22L AW
- Fujifilm X-T1 w/Gariz half cover
- Fujifilm Fujinon XF 35mm F1.4 Prime w/hood
- Fujifilm Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R OIS Zoom w/hood
- Fujifilm Fujinon XF 10-24mm F4 OIS Ultra Wide Zoon w/hodd
- Nissin i40 Flash
- Fujifilm EF-X8 Flash (Kit with X-T1)
- Extra Battery
- Gariz Gun Shot Strap
- HOYA HMC ND8 72mm Filter
- Tiffen Colour Graduated ND0.6 72mm Filter
- HOYA HMC ND8 52mm Filter
- HOYA Circular Polarizer 52mm Filter
- JJC wired remote (CHEAP!!!)
- Ebay Cleaning Pack – Lens pen, dry and wet wipes, solutions, microfibre cloth .. etc (All for $10!)
- Velbon UT-43D II Travel tripod
- iPad Air 2
Looks like a huge list, but it is only around 2.5kg including the tripod inside the bag. With the Nikon gear I had before… It was 4kg already without tripod and the additional.
I have used the 10-24mm and 35mm for most of the photos, and occasionally with the 18-55mm if I felt lazy. The 2 lens above have given me most of the range I will needed for this Melbourne trip and the type of photos that I do. I am in love with this set up!
Other than travelling, I normally use a Billingham Hadley Pro to pack most of the thing above except for the tripod. It made it less than 1.5kg for the full kit! This is the beautiful bit about mirrorless if you ask me.
Okey dokey… need to dive back into my uni assignments now! If you like this post, please share on you favourite social media using the buttons below and follow us on Infiniticious!